Honeywell Principal Supplier Recovery Specialist in Torrance, California
Principal Supplier Recovery Specialist
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
This is an exciting time in Honeywell Aerospace’s Procurement and Supplier Management and we have a great opportunity to showcase your leadership and strategic thinking.
Honeywell Aerospace is a $14 billion-plus Strategic Business Group (SBG) with 44,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
The Principal Supplier Recovery Specialist is a key member of our team of supplier recovery specialists driving performance improvement at our most critical suppliers by identifying and resolving complex systemic problems. Supplier Recovery Team’s responsibilities include validation of POs to support demand are accurate, measure / improve supplier Line of Balances (LOB) and past dues (PD), verify raw material and work in process positions, review yield / quality performance, resolve capacity issues, identify tooling gaps and needs, ensure supplier has stable / accurate demand signals and improve supplier look ahead metrics. The Principal Supplier Recovery Specialist will ensure their team delivers on holistic improvement and drive rapid functional issue resolution.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring that the team develops and executes the following:
- Implement Supplier Recovery / Improvement / standard work, used to develop suppliers to perform at World Class levels by improving process capabilities.
- Deploy Supplier Recovery / Development advanced tools of which may include any combination of assessments, training, quality improvements, delivery improvements, capacity improvement, lead-time reductions, Lean, Six Sigma, and / or cost savings.
- Interface with all levels of the organization, suppliers, and customers regarding supplier performance and improvement actions and processes and be prepared to report out at executive levels on plans and results.
- Create and manage implementation of strategic projects including project plans, overall tracking capability, reporting of progress within team and up through leadership.
- Lead and / or participate in cross functional project teams driving improvements in OTTR, Past Due, Volatility and Linearity at site and Aero levels
- Complete root cause analysis and recommend / implement corrective actions where projected results are below plan.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting, and retaining top management talent in Honeywell Aerospace.
- Perform analysis on supplier performance using OneSource, SAP, Rapid Response, and other Honeywell databases.
80% + travel to work at the supplier’s location.
20 Lean Manufacturing
20 Six-Sigma Knowledge
20 Project management
20 Effective cross functional communication internally and externally
20 Complex Problem resolution
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of experience in supply chain, materials management, sourcing, procurement SIOP
- Have detailed work experience in least 3 of the 7 following areas: Manufacturing/Assembly Operations, Materials Planning, Procurement, Quality, Engineering (Design or Manufacturing), Planning or Program Management.
- Have the ability to work virtually with an experienced team of professionals with a track record of coming through on commitments.
- Master’s degree a plus
- An MBA in a business discipline is preferred
- Experience with Aerospace products and customers, or equivalent industries such as automotive is preferred
- Blackbelt certification and /or Lean Expert certification or other equivalent Professional Certification (i.e. ASQ-CQE/CQA, CPIM, CSCP, PMP) preferred.
- Experience in industry/customer standards (e.g., ISO9000, and AS9001) is preferred
- Program or project management experience preferred
- Supplier development, Materials Planning &/or Procurement experience is a plus.
- Displays strong analytical skills including data query writing and development
- Demonstrated capacity to meet aggressive deadlines while achieving excellent business results
- Exhibits successful ability with indirect leadership of diverse teams deploying complex processes
- Proven ability to influence Executive level leaders both inside and outside the organization.
- Established ability to manage multiple complex projects at once
- Experience working in multicultural environments and with others of diverse backgrounds preferred
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Relocation Provided
- Extensive Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req162065
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 2525 W 190th St., Torrance, CA 90504-6099 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.