Honeywell Quality Assurance Leader in Rolle, Switzerland
Quality Assurance Leader
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
* Quality Assurance Leader *
A great opportunity to join Honeywell, a Fortune 500 Multi-national conglomerate’s vertical Home and Building Technologies (HBT)’s Center of Technologies organization (ACT). Our products, services and technologies are at work in 100 million homes and 5 million buildings worldwide as well as in planes, trains and cars. Weprovide controls for heating, cooling, indoor air quality, ventilation, humidification and home automation; advanced software applications for home/building control and switches, controls systems and instruments for measuring pressure, air flow, temperature, electrical current and more.Given the increasing market demand for intelligent software driven products, our business unit has created a centralized organization, ACT in Rolle, Switzerland.
* Role *
In this cross functional role with no direct management responsibilities you will act as an individual contributor supporting software Quality teams located in Europe, USA and Asia. As a Quality Assurance Leader your role is:
- To standardize product quality initiatives like Built In Quality (BIQ) and design quality assurance across global product development organizations
- To influence existing practices and behavior as well as, facilitate adoption of state-of-the-art software practices such as Iterative/Agile Development Methodology, Build Automation, Continuous integration, Continuous deployment and test automation.
- To assure process compliance through process coaching, process deployment support, driving project audits and appraisals
- On need basis you may be required to collaborate with the certification agencies for product qualification/certification
* Responsibilities *
- Be an integral part of a global Agile engineering team to lead development of quality assurance strategies for identified critical programs collaborating with cross functional product development team and PMO
- Lead deployment of built in quality initiatives and Agile practice maturity
- Coach and mentor teams in establishing continuous build, continuous integration and continuous delivery systems in identified projects
- Responsible for ensuring development, execution and tracking of system and software quality plans that includes non-functional, regulatory and performance requirements.
- Drive automated system integration testing for HBT Products
- Build test automation frameworks for deploying managing and monitoring SaaS applications hosted in a cloud environments
- Gather process performance data, compile metrics and publish reports
- Provide mentoring and guidance to members in testing methodologies
- Initiate and lead Software Process Improvement (SPI) initiatives to drive teams to higher levels of test excellence
Assure process compliance of software projects (review of project artifacts, performance metrics, audits)
25 Idea generation
25 Process definition
25 Drive technical solutions
25 Risk analysis
* Must Have: *
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years of systems/hardware/software design/Test or related engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience
- Hands on experience in testing embedded systems, PC application and/or cloud based offering
- Must be an excellent coordinator having an ability to interact with multiple functional groups across the globe
* We Value: *
- Experience in systems and software quality management
- Experience in emerging software development methods (e.g. Agile, Scrum, SAFe)
- Experience of managing projects using Agile methodology
- Previous test domain experience is a plus
- Experience in testing cloud applications with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Service etc.
- Experience with current quality engineering and test automation tools and processes including Atlassian tool chain or comparable products.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and protocols both in the computer networks and control networks domain
- Certifications like Certified Scrum Master, SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) would be a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including ability to lead and influence a large multi-disciplined technical teams
- Have a customer focus that is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers and applies first-hand customer information to create opportunities for improvements
- Knowledge ofadvanced development practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), and Agile methods,
- Experience in process change management
- Knowledge of quality and process frameworks such as CMMI / ISO / SPICE practices and guidelines
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req179356
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Z.A. La Pièce 16, Rolle, VD 1180 CHE
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.