Honeywell Product Certification Engineer in Poole, United Kingdom
Product Certification Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Why you would want this role?
Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions provides comprehensive solutions that enhance workplace safety and incident response, improve enterprise and workflow performance and enable greater product design innovation. Customers rely on Honeywell’s connected solutions to provide real-time safety intelligence, increase worker productivity and enrich operational intelligence with data-driven insights that enable smarter business decisions. Honeywell SPS serves customers in aerospace, automotive, commercial building, first responder, field service, healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, oil & gas, power an utilities, medical, retail, supply chain, test & measurement and transportation markets.
What are we looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Certification Engineer to join our manufacturing team to be based in Poole, Dorset.
What will you be doing?
· Maintenance of existing certifications, including participation in factory audits, renewal of existing certifications to take into account changing requirements
· To be the certification lead for obtaining regulatory approvals for gas detection products including ATEX, IECEx, CSA, UL etc
· To work with 3rd party test laboratories and certification bodies to obtain secondary approvals of products (e.g. Marine, Regional wireless etc)
· Work with Global Marketing to achieve world-wide certifications of Gas Detection products (e.g. North America, South America, Korea, Japan, China, South Asia, Russia, India, Europe)
· Build long-term relationship with certification bodies (e.g. UL, CSA, Intertek, DEKRA, KTL, DNV, SGS)
· Cooperate with colleagues in global teams (e.g. marketing, sales, project management, R&D) to discuss and prioritize certification projects
· Communicate with government offices and/or customers in terms of regulatory/certification issues
· Monitor global standards to ensure continued compliance of Gas Detection products (explosion-proof, EMC, wireless, electrical safety, gas detector performance, marine, functional safety (SIL)
25 Identify areas improvement
25 Participate in project meetings
25 Prescriptive methodology
25 Execute project tasks
YOU MUST HAVE
· Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering, science or manufacturing related discipline.
· Experience working in product development, product quality or product certification or product testing to safety standards.
· Competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Flexible approach to work and a can do attitude
· Knowledge of Honeywell products and services
· Experience in working for a matrix organization
· The ability to communicate with personnel at all levels.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req176401
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Hatch Pond House, Stinsford Road, Poole, DORSET BH17 0RZ GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.