Honeywell Sr Supplier Quality Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
In this role you will work directly with suppliers to satisfy Honeywell's quality standards and strategy in the manufacture of components. You will interact with all levels of supplier management. As Honeywell's point of contact within the supply base, you will support transition and supplier development activities within your assigned geographical area. In support of a variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a majority of your time at supplier facilities.
· Evaluate prospective supplier Quality Systems
· Quality Systems
· Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements
· Monitor supplier Quality metrics associated with supplier capability, trends and related production improvement efforts
· Evaluate supplier capability based on 6 Sigma methodologies
· Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six Sigma techniques,
· Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, etc
· Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
· Have wide-ranging experience, use professional concepts and company objectives, internal and external contacts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
· Provide technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities
· Must report daily to Honeywell assignment location or work remote while traveling to and from suppliers.
· Must have excellent communication & presentation skills.
· Must be able to self-manage, schedule and report accordingly.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Associates degree
· 5+ years of prior Supplier Quality Engineering experience (SQE)
· 5+ years of experience with (8D), SCAR, CAPA tools
· Formal Auditing training through ASQ, prior company or accredited affiliation(s)
· 5+ years of PPAP, VAVE, NPI experience
· Must be willing to travel as needed
· USA issued Passport required
- Demonstrated problem solving examples during interview (8D), SCAR, CAPA.
· Bachelor's degree in relevant curriculum/studies, preferred.
· Large project management experience
· Current ASQ CQA or CQE certification is highly desirable, as is an RAB auditor accreditation
· Experience using Six Sigma techniques and Green belt certification
· Comprehensive knowledge of advanced Quality engineering practices
· Recognized authority in area of expertise and or products with wide versatility of experience and capability
· Significant experience with quality assurance processes
· High level of interpersonal skills is required to handle difficult situations as well as diffuse interpersonal conflict effectively
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.