Honeywell PMO - Business Analyst in Overland Park, Kansas
PMO - Business Analyst
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The PMO - Business Analyst is responsible for managing the elicitation, collection, analysis, documentation, and communication of business and users requirements. Drive the business towards optimal technical solutions, supporting one or more IT Projects with moderate complexity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses customer needs on IT projects utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options.
- Develops, writes and communicates business requirements to the IT community for the design and implementation of business solutions.Ensures traceability of requirements throughout projects lifecycle including Statement of Work (SOWs) with suppliers.
- Participates in ad-hoc consulting with one or more subject matter experts and leverages technical knowledge and experience to improve one or more business processes within an organization, generally involving the use and improvement of information systems.
- Regularly leads IT projects.
- Leads investigation and development of recommendation on buy vs build decisions.
- Serves as a liaison across organizations for process improvement, business processes, and systems integration.
- Reviews quality acceptance test plan and monitors the testing process to ensure that expected business results are adequately tested/achieved and the remaining risks are acceptable.
- Establishes a working relationship with multiple stakeholders via process improvement discussions, status reporting.Identifies opportunities for customers to improve utilization of existing information technologies.
- Develops relationships with customers by being proactive, displaying a high level of knowledge of the business and by providing innovative business solutions.
- Educates the IT organization on the future direction of the business for several customers (s).
- Educates their assigned customer areas in the current direction of IT.
- Monitors day-to-day work including supplier relationships, as well as any special projects that may arise as a result of changing business requirements to ensure traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Understands and effectively employs business analysis processes and tools.
- Contributes in a technical capacity on occasional assignments in order to maintain technical skills and knowledge of existing information technologies.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment.Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
30 Eliciting/gathering business requirements from customer
35 Execute projects
25 Develops, writes and communicates business requirements
10 Other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline.
- Two (2) or more years' experience in a technical execution role, to include two (2) or more years' experience supporting IT projects, business analysis, and process modeling/improvements.
- iiBA Certification a plus
- PMP Certification a plus
- Relevant business analysis experience across multiple functional disciplines.
- Knowledge of business analysis practices, principles, and tools, including prior experience with IT projects.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- Highly effective/demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and communication skills (both oral and written).
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req178721
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.