Honeywell Area HSE Specialist in Lyon, France
Area HSE Specialist
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Responsible for providing HSE support for Honeywell sites in Europe, partnering with cross-functional facility teams and leaders. Will provide support to operational teams and conduct various safety-related activities to enable regulatory and company requirements. Will interact with employees and local leaders/ team leaders across all SBGs to lead and coach safety-related behaviors. Will be a member of larger Health, Safety, and Environmental team within Corporate function.
Area HSE Specialist is responsible for partnering with Honeywell sites assigned for the specific region to support and deploy Heath, Safety and Environmental services and programs. Role responsibilities include:
Integrate, monitor, and support Health, Safety, and Environmental programs to ensure compliance with applicable guidelines, procedures, and regulations
Drive continuous improvement through the site location in support of Honeywell's Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Systems (HSEMS) and Honeywell's Operating System (HOS) related activities
Influence positive safety behaviors and drive hazard recognition programs to improve the Health, Safety, and Environmental culture.
Role location: 69380 Lozanne, France
- Help driving strategic directions, oversight and guidance for HSE at assigned locations. This includes all level I & II standards, as well as HSE regulatory compliance for safety, loss prevention, industrial hygiene, health, and environment.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of significant injuries and incidents. Work with teams and conduct investigations into incidents involving any violations, and prepare appropriate written reports.
- Conduct regular visits into assigned sites. Conduct internal safety, health and environmental audits to verify compliance levels.
- Participate in HSE Corporate audits as an auditor.
- Assist all assigned locations with SAT & Audits preparation. Verify and approve the annual SAT & Assurance Letter process, as well as the closure of corrective actions for assigned locations.
- Insure that newly acquired or greenfield sites, assigned, are properly integrated into the Honeywell HSEMS.
Provide advice and assistance during any HSE regulatory visit to the assigned site.
25 Implements HSE&F standards
20 Provides technical assistance
20 Site compliance reviews
10 Hazardous waste identification
25 Drives standard work
- Bachelor's degree in HSE / Environmental studies; or alternatively postgraduate HSE education. Can also have a degree in similar field (Occupational Health Nurse or Medical Doctor)
- 2-5 years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environmental, Occupational Health or Industrial Hygiene.
- Knowledge of HSE Management system, familiar with HSE Regulations, Crisis & Emergency Response Management.
- Fluent command of French & English
- Availability for travel 50%-75% (mostly France / EU)
- Effective communicator
- Knowledge of other European languages
- Multinational experience (work in multinational environment)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability & desire to implement change across multiple levels
- Thorough understanding of HSE regulatory requirements and professional best practices.
- Must have excellent skills in building interpersonal relationships, including high degree of tact, diplomacy and ability to influence.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD54100
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: ZI Champ Dolin, Saint Priest, Rue Aimé Cotton,2 AlléeDeToscane, Lyon, 69 69800 FRA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.