Honeywell Plater $32.94 (Any Shift) in Kansas City, Missouri
Plater $32.94 (Any Shift)
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Provide surface preparation and plating in a classified environment.Plate parts and performs other metal finishing operations. Work requires a thorough knowledge of anodizing and plating processes and operations. To be successful in this role, one should be skilled in all plating processes, strive to implement continuous improvements and other Honeywell Operating System initiatives and assumes a variety of shop roles when needed.
- Provide plating support for the fabrication of components of various materials and processes as well as materials with hazardous characteristics.
- Work from complex drawings, prototype sketches, electronic files and/or verbal instructions to facilitate the manufacturing of parts and assemblies by setting up, and operating equipment.
- Responsible for production of high precision parts and performing complex setups required to produce the parts; ability to help troubleshoot issues with equipment and product including rework.
- Uses hand and power tools, fixtures, measuring devises, scales, gauges and precision measuring instruments.
- Responsible for the preparation and treatment of materials in chemical and electrolytic baths.
- Prepares and renews chemical solutions, regulates the flow of electric currents.
- Weighs, measures, and mixes chemicals necessary to prepare various solutions.
- Recognizing and reports effects of unbalanced solutions. Makes necessary solution additions.
- Perform stripping operations on coated parts.
- Loads operate and unload Physical Vapor Disposition machines.
- Be responsible for the control, use and inventory management of precious materials.
- Performs photographic processes necessary to produce and repair photo tooling.
- Operates image reproduction equipment.
- Requires the knowledge of photo processing in order to expose and develop photosensitive materials to meet specified requirements.
- Stages photo tooling, apply a protective coating, builds verification overlays, and cuts tooling to size.
- Perform in-process inspections.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19.
Environment, Safety, Health and Good Housekeeping of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
70 Operate assigned equipment
10 Make corrections to the process
10 Participate in continuous improvement activities
10 Follow written work instructions and diagrams
You Must Have:
- US citizenship required to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing or military environment with demonstrated ability to work and excel in a team environment.
- Previous plating experience or working in a chemical environment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, includingMS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited guidance
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req175221
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.