Honeywell Resident Engineer in Gurgaon, India
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Resident Engineer within the Equipment Group of UOP's Process Technology & Equipment PT&E business unit located in India.
The Resident Engineer functionally reports to the Project manager on assigned projects and is directly accountable for providing project leadership in the field (engineering subcontractor office, or module fabrication site) for Modular / other product line projects in the following manner:
• Work directly with Project Management and our Subcontractors to develop project-specific execution plans.
• Answer technical questions or obtain answers from the office and relay them to the field.
• Ensure that UOP field-safety procedures are implemented on each project.
• Set uptemporary field offices for selected projects.
• Establish and maintain communication infrastructure at the site (voice and data).
• Establish and maintain a field-file consisting of project drawings and vendor data.
• Establish and maintain field progress and inspection tracking systems.
• Establish and maintain an adequate supply of PPE to be available for visiting specialists.
• Monitor and report project progress.
• Regularly report project metrics to the Project Manager.
• Identify any problems (i.e. cost overruns or schedule delays) to Project Manager.
• Support required project closeout procedures/activities.
• Manage the timing of field-activities of various UOP discipline engineers to ensure that project requirements are verified in the shop prior to customer delivery.
• Manage large scope site construction / module installation at customer site.
• Provide one-on-one training to new resident engineers and equipment specialists that visit the fabrication site.
• Appraise team member performance, coach and provide constructive feedback throughout the project.
• Build a positive attitude within project team by fostering productive open communication.
• Lead an effort to establish standardized work procedures, reporting tools, and expectations for field engineers.
• Manage customer inspection visits to our fabrication shops.
• Commitment to a minimum of a 36 month on the road period before transfer.
30 Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt
30 Estimation development and analysis
20 Metric development/reporting
20 Vendor interface
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineering (Desired)• Minimum of three (3) years engineering experience in the petroleum refining, petrochemical and/or gas processing industries is required.• 3 year of field related experience preferred
- Travel – India/ Global projects: On the road 75%-100%• Strong leadership and multi-tasking skills• A global mindset is preferred• The ability to function independently• Proficiency with MS Office applications• An intelligent risk-taker is desired• Strong verbal and written communication skills• Ability to workwell in a team environment
Exempt Performance Materials and Technologies
- Extensive Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD52606
- Category: Engineering
- Location: One-HON-UTC-2+4F ,UTC, 2F 4F, Sushant Lok Phase I,, Sector 43,Sushant Lok Phase I,, Gurgaon, HR 122022 IND
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.