Honeywell Advanced Project Engineer in Des Plaines, Illinois
Project Engineer, International Gas Processing Equipment
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
UOP is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and petrochemical processing. Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Senior Project Engineer within the Gas Processing Technologies Equipment Group located in Des Plaines, IL.
Drive project development and delivery in Honeywell UOP. You will partner with world-class engineers and leaders to understand and respond to customer needs, build and implement project plans, solve challenging technical problems, and enhance engineering quality and productivity. Specifically
• Assist the Project Manager in coordinating personnel assigned to support Detailed Design, procurement, fabrication and delivery of equipment projects.
• Detailed Design responsibilities include:
Development and maintenance of Material Flow Diagrams
Equipment Requisition planning
Creation/Maintenance of Quality Plan
Review/Application of customer specifications
Coordinate and lead discipline engineers utilizing existing work processes and procedures
Manage project documentation internally and with external suppliers and customers
• Project Management assistance includes:
Development of Project Execution Plan
Maintenance of Running Action Item List
Ensuring adherence to Project Schedule
Internal/external project reporting including key performance indicators
Participation in customer and supplier meetings
• Coordinate equipment procurement activity (vessels, exchanges, rotating, and miscellaneous equipment)
• Technically manage detail design and fabrication orders
• Manage technical interface with customers
• Provide coaching and mentoring
• Provide sales support for project opportunities being pursued by UOP Sales representatives
• International Travel to customer and supplier sites – 15% annually in 1 to 2 weeks’ duration
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineering
• 6 years’ experience in a project or design engineering role focused on mechanical equipment or equivalent systems utilized in the gas processing, petroleum refining, and/or petrochemical industries
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively within a team-based environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adjust priorities quickly
• Strong technical background
• Ability to mentor and coach less experienced engineers
• International, multi-cultural experience
• Project engineering experience with an EPC contractor
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.