Honeywell Senior Advanced Software Engineer - Aero SGN in Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Honeywell changes the way the world works.
For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation.
This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We lead with software and innovation.
Whether we’re turning mustard seeds into fuel, creating quantum algorithms or making taxis fly, our software engineering team is home to the world’s leading technological talent.
We want software engineers who not only have a solid foundation in coding, development, designing, testing and even hacking, but who also have a passion for empowering the world and making it a better place for everyone – today and tomorrow.
Join the Aerospace Sensory Guidance and Navigation (SGN) team as we design, develop and integrate highly complex software applications within Honeywell Aerospace. You will be an active and integral member of the SGN team to achieve the completion of goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
• Requirements and design
• Software architecture and coding
• Feature Definition
• Customer Support
• Verification and Validation
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• 7+ years of model-based engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience working with navigation systems
• Expertise with Matlab and Simulink
• Understanding various software development lifecycle
• Demonstrate the ability to develop efficient and high-quality software
• Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.