Honeywell IT Director, Strategic Sourcing in Charlotte, North Carolina
IT Director, Strategic Sourcing
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Initially this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
You will lead IT sourcing and vendor strategy in IT and partner with global procurement efforts to enable the business to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives. You will be the primary interface to IT delivery leaders to define and analyze IT demand and deliver cost effective supply, supplier identification and sourcing strategies. You will be a key member of the IT Enablement Leadership team, engaging in all aspects of running the business, with a specialization in IT Procurement, sourcing, Finance, and strategy. You will provide leadership in improving IT procurement processes and developing team capabilities. You will manage business stakeholder and vendor governance, facility supplier executive engagement, and lead supplier performance management against KPIs and value commitments.
Develop a compelling and contemporary Sourcing strategy and vision that significantly contributes to business efficiency and growth
Demonstrate deep understanding of critical business requirements and translate them into procurement project plans that provide competitive advantage, avoid vendor lock-in, and maximize IT's ability to standardize.
Work with Procurement to improve speed, time to value, and better IT engagement
35 Develop IT sourcing strategy to help meet IT strategic goals
30 Participate in monthly supplier performance reviews
35 Manage standard software asset management and software compliance processes
YOU MUST HAVE
- 7+ years of Procurement experience
- 5 + years of IT Procurement experience, developing RFPs (request for proposal) and negotiating hardware and software contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Supply Chain
- CPSM certification
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Demonstrated experience in driving supplier rationalization and cost-out programs in a cross functional environment
- Demonstrated use of eSourcing, spend analytics, contract management and procure to pay systems and processes and their application in developing and implementing strategic sourcing strategies in a multi-site environment
- Familiarity with with Operational Excellence / Lean Sigma tools and processes good to have
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong leadership, project and stakeholder management skills
- Mentor and guide stakeholders on emerging trends in procurement and driving "fast and right" results in a matrixed environment
- Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision
- Strong business acumen and customer focus and ability to deliver business value through effective procurement
- Conveys information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global teams
- Creative and collaborative problem solving skills, driving "fast and right" results in matrixed environment
- Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req179112
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 101 N. Tryon Street, Suite 6000, Charlotte, NC 28246 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.