Honeywell Corporate Accounting Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Corporate Accounting Manager, is a contributing team member in the Corporate Controller’s organization, based at Global Headquarters in Charlotte, NC. This Corporate Accounting Manager role provides an opportunity to gain broad exposure through interaction with various Corporate Functions, as well as each of the SBGs. In this role you will leverage your knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting and SEC reporting requirements in working on external and internal reporting for areas such as cash flow statement, debt and capital market transactions and various technical accounting matters. This role will liaise with Corporate functions and SBG leadership by leading discussions or providing consultation on various SEC and technical accounting matters.
External Reporting Responsibilities:
· Independently complete areas of the Form 10-Q and 10-K filings, as assigned
· Review data submitted by Corporate functions and SBGs for reasonableness, performing independent analytic analysis, and proactively identifying inconsistencies and leading follow-up discussions
· Review presentations for external investors, confirming the accuracy of information and consistency with previous filings or presentations
· Prepare cash flow statement
· Support Investor Relations in the preparation for the annual investor day, quarterly press releases and annual outlook presentation by ensuring accurate, consistent and transparent disclosure
· Assess comparability of SEC filings by performing reviews of peer filings, particularly in support of new business transactions or changes in guidance
· Support monthly/quarterly/annual debt and capital market transactions
· Support Treasury in various accounting matters
· Report free cash flow metrics to management on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
· Support consolidated balance sheet analytics process
Technical Accounting Responsibilities:
· Support implementation of new accounting standards
· Provide support to overall foreign currency hedging strategy
· Support special projects, as they arise and as assigned, by performing technical accounting research and benchmarking of peer company accounting policy elections
· Communicates clearly and succinctly using written and verbal skills to influence, negotiate and collaborate effectively
· Acts with urgency to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and execute assigned responsibilities with a sense of urgency to meet tight deadlines
· Proactively identifies opportunities to improve processes and execute the plans through to completion
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and the proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks and priorities
· Ability to work independently and part of a larger team in a matrix organization
This role provides an opportunity to gain broad exposure through interaction with various Corporate Functions, particularly BAP, Investor Relations, Tax and Treasury, as well as each of the SBGs.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
Minimum 2 years of experience working with HFM
Minimum 5 years total experience
Experience in multinational public accounting firm with service to mid or large cap public companies or similar role in Corporate Controllers organization at a Fortune 500 Company.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to view complex/conflicting data, identify issues and propose solutions/alternatives
Ability to manage multiple priorities and drive process improvement
Able to work both independently and as a team member
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.