Honeywell Packaging Engineer in Assago, Italy
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
INNOVATE HIGH-PURITY, HIGH-PERFORMANCE CHEMICALS AND MATERIALS
Honeywell is driving growth of Aclar® in the pharmaceutical industry globally.
You will be part of the Technical Sales & Service Team taking responsible for providing technical-marketing support to customers for new product introductions, sales pipelines, training and development expertise in support of Aclar® films, fluoropolymer based films and resin to converters, contract packagers, Pharmaceutical end users, molders and machinery manufacturers.
In addition, you will collaborate with the Honeywell Advanced Materials Discovery, Applications Development, Sales, Marketing teams
You will facilitate the execution of the P&C business strategy in the CEE/CIS and EMEA region and ensure that Aclar® deliver on its excellent value proposition relative to competitive products. Working with a variety of cross-functional teams, you will play a pivotal role in crafting technical sales, services, and initiatives in the region.
This position will be based out of a home office in Poland.
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a well-known brand with a continued focus on innovation and growth
- Join a diverse team where most leaders are promoted from within
- Market specific training and ongoing personal development
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Customer facing role which will provide technical-marketing support / plastics development support to pharmaceutical and other CPG segments. Packaging development and operations teams support for fluoropolymer resins and Aclar® films. Professional experience in thermoforming, packaging machinery, packaging materials and manufacturing applications.
- Provide technical support (thermoforming) to Pharma end user companies, CDMO’s, OEM of packaging machinery, tooling, converter-partner and molders to ensure that optimum performance is achieved from Aclar® laminates, resins and related products.
- Assist Market Development Manager(s) during account development by providing technical leadership, education and training to raise awareness and drive adoption of Aclar® applications and fluoropolymer films and resins for pharmaceutical and CPG needs.
- Support customer development through the deployment of the technical tools and services provided by Honeywell. Collaborate with end users to facilitate the following processes: package concept development, material selection, package characterization, tooling/equipment design and commercialization.
- Participate on cross functional teams to develop new products which will allow Honeywell to further expand its presence in new market spaces as well as new application development for fluoropolymer applications.
- Guide the material characterization selection process using HC& P Services, Material Testing, Barrier Prediction, Design Verification and Weight Change Analysis. Deploy analytical testing skills to handle internal testing and guide customer testing requirements and data generation.
- Apply business knowledge to drive Honeywell marketing initiatives to provide training on Total Cost and Value calculators to facilitate overall cost savings in support of increased Aclar® and resin adoption rates.
- Function as Subject Matter Expert (SME) and represent Honeywell P&C at industry trade shows, technical seminars, luncheons, workshops, etc. and travel as needed to provide educational and technical support for customer meetings, line trials, stability trials, FAT/SAT, validation, commercial start ups and trouble shooting.
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years direct technical experience in packaging development of thermoformed multi-layer laminate barrier applications, molding technologies as well as knowledge of the regulatory process for Pharmaceuticals and CDG.
- Effective communicator with the ability to establish trust and credibility quickly at both a managerial and a shop floor level.
- Minimum of a BE/BS in Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, or related field with at least five (5) years in package development of multiple packaging formats and materials for rigid, semi-rigid and flexible formats with advanced experience in design, development and testing of thermoforming, Injection Molding, Blow Molding and Testing from multiple market segments including pharmaceutical, cosmetic, OTC’s, Consumer Products industries.
- Experience designing, developing and managing testing methodologies and plans to support shelf life experiments, barrier analysis and permeation characteristics of multiple packaging formats used to contain solid oral dose, oral and topical liquids, topical ointments and powders, sterile and other related formats.
- Knowledge of stability testing, Assays, Barrier Testing (MVTR / OTR) and other related barrier and package test methods is essential.
- Hands-on development experience with multiple materials and molding processes combined with demonstrated trouble shooting skills with proven ability to diagnose customer needs/pain points and apply "problem solving” skills to identify root cause and corrective action plans
- A knowledge portfolio reflecting systematic design thinking and distillation of ambiguous criteria into real world solutions, ability to build working 3D animations to demonstrate functional component performance and other technical simulations for customer presentations and internal training tools would be helpful.
- Cross functional leadership with an emphasis on collaborating with Marketing, R&D, Engineering, Regulatory, Purchasing, Analytical and Global Manufacturing.
- Ability to apply statistical analysis to evaluate data: MiniTab for data analysis, Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Travel approximately 40% of the time within in EMEA, CEE/CIS countries with some periodic travel to other global regions may also be required.
Honeywell Healthcare and Packaging (HC&P) produces a range of fluoropolymer based films used to function and protect food, healthcare and industrial products. In addition, HC&P produces high-purity solvents & reagents, sterilizing agents, and metered-dose inhalants used in medical, pharmaceutical, and research. The Packaging & Composites Business Team is responsible for growing pharmaceutical- and medical applications for Honeywell. Honeywell's Aclar® film products are widely used today in pharmaceutical push-through packaging (blister packs).
Verification and Validation
Cooperation with customers and marketing
- JOB ID: req190391
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Viale Milanofiori, Strada 1- Palazzo E1, Assago, MILANO 20090 ITA
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.