Honeywell Non-Destructive Test Inspector - Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle (FAA) in Anniston, Alabama
The Future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Provide Quality Control Inspection support for Honeywell while partnering with manufacturing teams and leaders. You will ensure that quality in being maintained in all factors involved in production. The successful candidate will be willing to work overtime, including weekends when the business requires it.
· Skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, calibrate, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection and document results
· Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method
· Have the skills and knowledge to conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard
· Perform inspections
· Test parts and raw material
· Monitor and verify quality
· Recommend improvements
· Conform to specifications
· Record observations
· Audit quality control programs
· Develop specs and procedures
· Improve quality practices
· Set up and calibrate equipment
All applicants for placement in DOT/FAA safety-sensitive positions will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test, testing for Marijuana, Cocaine, Amphetamines (amphetamine, methamphetamine, MDMA, MDA), Phencyclidine (PCP), and Opioids (codeine, heroin, morphine, oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone). The DOT/FAA regulations require all employees, regular and temporary, in safety-sensitive positions, to be included in the Honeywell Anti-drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan.
YOU MUST HAVE
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 40 hours Formal classroom training in Liquid Penetrant and 40 hours Magnetic Particle
Level II Certification for Liquid penetrant requires a minimum of 400 documented hours of On the Job Training (OJT)
Level II Magnetic Particle requires a minimum of 530 hours of documented On the Job Training (OJT).
· Capable of performing calibrations, daily process controls, performing testing on aircraft accessories for in-service wear, stress cracks, cracks with limited supervision as required
· Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method used by Honeywell
· Be capable of developing work instructions from approved general procedures. Such work instruction shall require final approval by a Level III in the appropriate method
· Basic knowledge of relevant product manufacturing and Inspection technology
· Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures in quality control inspection field
· Good analytical and creative problem solving skill
· Ability to use tools and techniques to perform tests
· May train and lead less experienced technicians
· Experience in performing non-destructive tests, documentation of tests
· Ability to read technical data and specifications
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.