Honeywell Sr Java Developer in Alpharetta, Georgia
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Implement software projects as the lead engineer for an integrated system or sub-system
Preferred experience working with WCS, WES, and/or WMS
Provide planning, reporting and project management.
Design and develop Java based and Spring Boot applications.
Provide database design, object-relational mapping management, and microservices architecture.
Conduct QueryDSL based query API design.
Write technical and feature documentation.
Review code for new and existing features.
Design for long term, scalable, and sustainable applications.
Share best practices with the team and organization and consult teams with knowledge transfer and the onboarding process.
Mentor Junior developers on system design and development utilizing best practices and code standards.
Utilize the Scrum/Agile development approach.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Info Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field and two (2) years of experience in the position offered or acceptable alternative occupation. Alternatively, will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in stated fields and six (6) years of specified experience. Full term of experience must include: application design using Java, Spring, Hibernate, and Maven; database design and object-relational mapping (ORM) management; microservices architecture; designing and developing applications using Spring Boot; and designing query APIs.
· Approximately 15% domestic/international travel required.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong customer relationships
· In-depth knowledge of Honeywell and competitor platforms, products and technologies
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Familiarity with industry regulatory requirements and future mandates
· Ability to achieve results through influence in a matrixed-team environment
· Ability to communicate effectively across language and cultural barriers
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.