Honeywell Lead UX/UI Designer in Alpharetta, Georgia
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a fast-paced, global, multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions for the industrial IoT as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
We are seeking a principal level UX Designer who will help us define and articulate the future of industrial software applications and help chart a path from where the industry is today to where it needs to go. You will work directly with VPs and Directors across the business to help the organization understand and appropriately prioritize user research and design. We will count on you to define strategy, lead projects, represent design and user research to internal stakeholders and external customers, and of course to coach and mentor other designers. Ultimately, we will count on you to ship outstanding branded, seamless experiences that span mobile, web, AR, and Voice as part of a global design team.
Create and iteractively refine UI prototypes (low- through high-fidelity as appropriate) that effectively communicate design intent to the cross-functional product team and customers.
Incorporate research insights, UX best practices, business needs, and the Honeywell Design Language System in your designs.
Develop and implement cohesive design strategies that span touchpoints across the life cycle of multiple product lines across the portfolio, including across Honeywell divisions.
Contribute to the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
Participate in generative and evaluative research activities. Plan and conduct workshops.
Drive and maintain the quality of design and consistency of deliverables across the design group by defining standard templates and processes. Bring awareness of external trends to the team.
Manage the end-to-end engagement with external design and development firms.
Lead the scoping, planning, and tracking of assigned projects.
Coach and mentor other designers
User Interface Design (25%)
Mentor Designers (15%)
Lead design projects (40%)
Establish strategy (15%)
Run Workshops (5%)
The above may include travel at about 20% of your time
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in HCI, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology, or Bachelors plus certificate in HCI.
· 7+ years’ experience designing digital solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects at once.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Portfolio demonstrating innovative and complex design solutions in released products. Online or hardcopy formats are acceptable.
· Proficiency with design tools for UI prototyping and visual asset creation (e.g., Axure, InVision Studio and DSM, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite)
· Familiarity applying generative research techniques (e.g., contextual inquiry, structured interviews, and surveys) and evaluative usability assessment techniques (e.g., SUS, heuristic evaluation, and time on task / error rate performance testing).
· Familiarity working within an Agile / iterative development framework.
· Experience applying corporate branding and design language systems
· Experience working collaboratively in global, multi-disciplinary design teams with cross-functional stakeholders.
· An attitude biased toward ownership, action, and pragmatic design tradeoffs.
· A passion for, and familiarity with the industries for which we design. If you’ve ever worked in a warehouse, on an oil platform, in construction, as a truck driver, or in any other industrial company, let us know.
· Master’s or PhD degree in human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive or experimental psychology, or related field.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.