Honeywell Senior Software Engineer in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell Aerospace’s Verification & Validation Center of Excellence. As part of this growing team, you will support testing and validation initiatives that support our Engine Propulsion, Human Space, MSC Controllers, and Auxiliary Power Units.
Your responsibilities will include:
Test Strategy & Design
Test Development, Execution & Debug
Reviews (Requirement & test)
Formal Testing (RFS & SC)
Support the Test Experts in deploying new initiatives - Tools, test methodologies, etc.
Providing verification deliverables, as per DO-178 / SW V&V CoE Process to the Program Lead.
Continuously search for deployment opportunities of our organization’s improvement strategies.
Travel to the US and/ or internationally required
YOU MUST HAVE
• Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• 6+ years of experience in Software/Unit testing
• 6+ years of development experience in C/C++
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Understanding of software requirements of varying complexity
• Hands on experience in Multicore Processor and good understanding of processor architecture.
• Experience in avionics software/systems/software verification
• Device driver development experience
• Experience in development of application/driver for protocols like Arinc429, RS232,RS 422
• Scripting experience in Python
• Demonstrate good working knowledge on DO178B/C certification
• Technical skills with emphasis in the areas of software development and verification processes, certification, and DO-178 design assurance guidelines.
• Understanding of software verification methods and tools currently in use as well as versed in industry standards and direction.
• Understanding various software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
• Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
• Effective communicator
• Wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.